Brought to you by University of Pretoria’s MakerSpace and RAN Southern Africa Resilience Innovation Lab (SA-RILab)
The Goal of this contest is to engage students so they are part of the ecosystem of innovation that we are creating within the University and in South Africa.
The Innovation Contest Question:
How can we improve the resilience of vulnerable communities in Southern Africa?
Prompt: Tell us about a problem or challenge faced by a particular group of people in a community in Southern Africa. Explain what innovative ideas this community is using that improve this community’s resilience to the shocks and stressors or challenges it faces and how these ideas can be scaled up to other similar communities or contexts.
Explain a new idea you have for an innovation that addresses these challenges and can improve this community’s resilience to these challenges or everyday shocks and stressors.
- Deadline: 28 September, 2015; 12pm Central African Time.
- Please submit ideas and queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cash prizes for top 3 submissions: 1st place R5,000; 2nd place R3,000; 3rd place R2,000. Teamwork is allowed but prize money must be split among the team.
- Maximum Length: 1000 words
- Must be a current student in a South African institution to apply (but the focus country can be any country in Southern Africa)
Full details about the contest and the submission template will be available on the SA RILab website http://sarilab.ranlab.org/ by Friday 21 August 2015.
Awards Reception and project sharing event to take place 30 October 2015.